8 Things to Know Before You Go: Devour Culinary Classic
If you're one of the lucky ones who got tickets for this year's Devour Culinary Classic, the culminating event of Devour Week, read on for all the things you need to know before you go.
1. Getting to Desert Botanical Garden
Plan your trip ahead of time! While there is limited parking available at Desert Botanical Garden, carpooling is strongly encouraged. Also remember to Devour responsibly, check your attendee email for a discount code for Lyft rideshare, call a cab, or assign a designated driver. There is also ample bike parking as well as nearby bus and light rail stations (plan your trip with Valley Metro).
Also, note the designated start times based on your ticket type. VIP and Connoisseur ticketholders will be able to enter the event at 10:30 a.m. and Tasting ticketholders will be able to enter the event at 11:30 a.m. The event will conclude at 3:30 p.m. for all guests on Saturday and Sunday.
2. You Must be 21 or Older to Enter the Devour Culinary Classic
Devour Culinary Classic is for guests 21 and older, NO exceptions will be made including children and infants. Please be prepared to show valid ID upon entry.
3. Use Your Passport
Upon arriving, each attendee will be issued their Devour Culinary Classic passport. This will have all the information you need to enjoy the event to its fullest capacity, including a list of participating restaurants and wineries, a map of the venue, and much more. But don't throw it away upon leaving! Keep it for discounts and offers from participating restaurants to use in the coming months!
4. Visit Every Zone!
Our new venue at Desert Botanical Garden offers a unique layout for this year's Devour Culinary Classic. There are now ten areas, or zones, with specific restaurants, beverages, events, and entertainment. Consult your passport and the maps stationed throughout the event to make sure you don't miss any of the action! Here are some things to look out for:
- Zone 1: Get your photo taken at the Devour photo booth, plus pick up a limited edition State Forty Eight and Devour collaboration shirt from the Local First Arizona table.
- Zone 6: Wash down all that food with some delicious local brews at the Beer Garden, presented by Hensley Beverage Company.
- Connoisseur and VIP ticketholders are invited to visit Zone 7 for the Heritage Food Experience and Zone 10 for the exclusive Arizona Beverage Experience throughout the course of the day for ongoing tastings. Times for specific workshop events in these areas will be posted at the event.
- VIP ticketholders should check out Zone 5 for their commemorative gift bags and a special experience from Celebrity Cruises, as well as Zone 4 for exclusive access to VIP chefs and bartenders for each day.
5. Take Home the Wines You Love
Before leaving the Devour Culinary Classic be sure to hit the Quench Fine Wines Sale at the main entry/exit point (Zone 9). They'll be selling the wines you have been sampling all day (at a great price!). You can use your passport to track the wines you like best as you work your way through the samples.
6. Remember This Year's Event with the Official State Forty Eight Shirt
Visit the Local First Arizona booth in Zone 1 to purchase the limited edition Devour Culinary Classic and State Forty Eight collaboration shirt for $30! Several lucky shirt purchasers will find their shirt has a golden State Forty Eight emblem on the back, granting them one free Tasting package to the 10th Anniversary Devour Culinary Classic in 2019... see the Local First Arizona table for details!
7. Share Your Experience
8. Tips for Visiting Desert Botanical Garden
Desert Botanical Garden has a great list of tips to consider when visiting, including staying hydrated and avoiding the sun. If you need to borrow a wheelchair or rent a scooter, you will be able to do so.
We can't wait to Devour Phoenix with you!
To make sure you don't miss out on the 10th Anniversary festivities next year, become a member with Local First Arizona, Desert Botanical Garden, or the Arizona Business Committee for the Arts to gain access to the exclusive pre-sale.